A little while ago I won a little eBay auction with eight or so vintage 1970s & 80s dress patterns. I paid less for it then the poor seller had to pay for shipping. This is Butterick 3657, an out of print pattern from the early 1980s as best I can tell. I have a size 14 which I'd usually make in contemporary Big Four patterns... but vanity sizing as it changes over the years I need a 16 for an 80s pattern. I simply added a half inch (about 1.25 cm) to the side seams of the dress since it's such a basic shape... this added a total of 2" (about 5 cm.)
I used a rayon challis from FabricMart. This is a super simple dress and the flowy fabric is light as a feather.
It just slips on, there's an elastic waistband. Yes, I know I have a bright red bra on, I need to get on it and make a brown on to better go with this!
I lengthened the bodice by 1 1/2" (2 cm). I was a little short on the amount of fabric the pattern recommended so I shortened the hem by about 4" (10 cm).
I'm wearing it right now on a day that's growing more humid and hot... it's a winner! Now time to dig deep into my dwindling fabric stash to see what I can do next.